A Taste of Summer Chicken Sandwich
This prize-winning grilled chicken sandwich will have your taste buds singing. The tangy Asian-style marinade, with its hints of orange and ginger, make for a flavourful, smoky chicken breast in this light alternative to a burger. Tina was the Grand-prize winner of our 2005 Canada Day Chicken Challenge contest.
Author: Tina Lissemore
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely-chopped
- 3 green onions, finely-chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orange zest, grated
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt roasted red pepper, thinly-sliced, for garnish
- red onion, thinly-sliced, for garnish
- mayonnaise, for garnish
- Romaine lettuce, for garnish
- 4 whole wheat Kaiser rolls
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ginger, freshly-grated
- In a bowl, whisk together orange zest and juice, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and salt.
- Add chicken breasts; turn to coat.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
- Grill on medium heat for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F (74°C).
- Serve on whole wheat Kaiser buns.
- Garnish with roasted red peppers, red onions, lettuce & mayonnaise.
Serving size: 325 g Calories: 390 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 27 g Sugar: 7 g Sodium: 590 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 51 g Cholesterol: 120 mg