Asian Chicken Meatballs
It can be difficult to find easy dishes to entertain with. Look no further than this recipe for Asian Chicken Meatballs. With minimal dishes used or preparation time needed, these meatballs free you from worry in the kitchen and let you enjoy the aromatic balance of ginger, garlic, and sesame with your guests.
Author: Chicken Farmers of Canada
- 1 cup (250 ml) short grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1½ tsp (7.5 ml) garlic, minced
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ginger, minced
- 1 cup (250 ml) mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sesame oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) shrimp, raw, peeled, diced
- 1 can water chestnuts, minced peanut sauce or Thai dipping sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Combine and mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Form meatballs with the mixture using approximately 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the mixture per meatball.
- Place meatballs on baking sheets and cook in oven until cooked through (approx. 30 minutes) and the internal temperature of the meatball reaches 165°F/74°C.
- Serve with a Thai or Asian peanut sauce and fancy toothpicks inserted in each meatball.
Serving size: 185 g Calories: 260 Fat: 15 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 105 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 17 g Cholesterol: 105 mg