Baked Coconut Chicken Tenders with Mango Mustard Sauce
Easy recipe for super crunchy baked coconut crusted chicken tenders which are a favourite with kids and adults alike! Gluten free too!
Author: Richa at My Food Story
- 3 chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness and cut into strips
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs large
- 1½ cups rice flour
- 3 cups coconut unsweetened, shredded
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients mentioned under brine/marinade and add the chicken strips to it. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Set a cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray or brush with oil.
- Now start by creating an assembly line of ingredients. You will need three wide mouthed bowls or plates for this. In the first bowl or plate place rice flour. In the second bowl season eggs with salt and whisk them with Sriracha and 2 tablespoons water. In the third bowl, place shredded coconut seasoned lightly with salt and chili flakes.
- Start by dipping each strip first in the flour, then egg, making sure to shake off any extra egg and finally crust it with the shredded coconut mixture. Place the strip on the greased cooling rack. Repeat this till all the strips have been coated.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes till cooked through, turning halfway through. Broil for the last 2-3 minutes till the tenders are golden brown.
- Serve these baked coconut chicken tenders with mango mustard dipping sauce.