Quinoa is a healthy accompaniment to this vibrant dish…
Author: Alberta Chicken Producers
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 to 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp greek
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Season both sides of the chicken breast.
- Add olive oil to your skillet and heat for a minute over medium/low heat.
- Add chicken breast to the hot pan and cook for about 7 minutes on each side with the lid on.
- In a separate
sauce pan, add the chicken stock and quinoa.
- Bring to a simmer over medium/low heat and cook for 10 to 15 minutes with the lid on until all stock has been absorbed.
- After the chicken breasts have cooked all the way through, remove meat from pan and let them rest for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large bowl.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, salt and pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Mix to combine all ingredients.
- Prepare the sauce by adding the flesh of one avocado and Greek
yogurtinto a blender to puree until smooth.
- Serve the sliced chicken breast over the quinoa, drizzled with avocado sauce.