Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Perfectly poppable, shareable, and 100% touchdown worthy. These yummy chicken meatballs are stacked with veggies, oats, and fresh herbs then slathered with the tangy heat of buffalo sauce. They’re the winning recipe you need for your next game day gathering.
Author: Emily Mardell
- 1 lb (454 g) Ground chicken
- 2 celery stalks, finely minced
- 1 medium Carrot, finely minced
- 3 scallions, finely chopped and divided
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) quick oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) Buffalo sauce plus extra for serving • 1⁄4 cup (60 ml) blue cheese, crumbled
- Add chicken, celery, carrot, 2 chopped scallions, oats, egg, parsley and black pepper. Stir ingredients together with a wooden spoon and finish combining mixture with hands.
- Take 2 tbsp of mixture and roll into meatballs. Repeat until 24 meatballs are prepared.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Drizzle 1 tbsp vegetable oil into an oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs to skillet and sear for about 5 minutes, or until golden on all sides. Repeat until all meatballs are seared. Add all seared meatballs back to skillet and pour buffalo sauce into pan. Toss meatballs gently in sauce.
- Transfer skillet to oven and finish cooking meatballs for 15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Garnish meatballs with 1 chopped scallion and crumbled blue cheese. Serve meatballs with a platter of crisp veggies and your favourite beverage.
Nutritional Info per 3 meatballs.
Calories: 126 Carbohydrates: 3 grams Protein: 13 grams