Chicken and Avocado Rice Rolls
Rice paper wrappers and bean thread vermicelli noodles are available in the Asian section of most grocery stores and Asian markets.
Author: Alberta Chicken Producers
Serves: Makes 12 Rolls
- 3 oz (90 g) bean thread vermicelli noodles
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 1 large ripe Avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp of lime juice
- 1½ cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tbsp of Thai sweet
- ⅔ cup of grated carrot
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsp Thai sweet
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the noodles in a medium,
heat proofbowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and drain.
- Cut the noodles into 4
inch(10 cm) lengths.
- Put hot water into a large pie plate.
- Place one rice paper wrapper into the water.
- Let stand for 1 minute until softened.
- Carefully remove from the water to a clean dry work surface, taking care not to tear the delicate wrapper.
- Combine the avocado and lime juice in a small bowl.
- Lay the avocado down in the
centerof the wrapper, allowing about 1½ inch (3.5 cm) border all around the edge.
- Toss the chicken with the
chilisauce in a small bowl.
- Arrange the chicken, noodles, carrot and mint leaves on top of the avocado.
- Fold in the sides, then roll up firmly to enclose the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
- Keep the rolls covered to prevent them from drying out.
- Serve with the dipping sauce.
Make ahead: The rice rolls can be made 1 hour before serving and stored covered in the refrigerator. The sauce can be made a day ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.