Chicken Breakfast Skillet
This <g class="gr_ gr_37 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="37" data-gr-id="37">one skillet</g> breakfast is such a treat on the weekend. The combination of sausage and bacon can be substituted for just about anything. For those looking for a healthier option try folding in spinach, tomatoes and onions. If you are the type of person that likes an indulgent Saturday brunch, try topping this skillet with cheese for an added creamy kick! This is also a great dish for finishing up leftovers in the fridge.
Author: Developed by CFC for Amanda Garbutt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) Italian sausage, sliced
- ½ chicken breast(s), sliced
- 2 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ½ inch pieces
- 4 egg(s), large chives, fresh, chopped
- Heat a 6-8 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and let it preheat.
- Add the sausage, chicken and bacon to the skillet. Stir until all the meat has browned slightly and is no longer
raw,about 8 minutes.
- Crack the four eggs in the skillet making sure to break the yolks slightly with a spatula. Cover and cook until the whites are fully cooked, about 12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with freshly chopped chives. Remove from the skillet and slice into wedges. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 190g Calories: 430 Fat: 29g Saturated fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 2g Sugar: 1g Sodium: 880mg Fiber: 0g Protein: 37g Cholesterol: 400mg