Chicken & Egg in a Mug
Serving size: 155g
In a hurry many mornings? Try this <g class="gr_ gr_40 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="40" data-gr-id="40">protein packed</g> “breakfast for one” cooked in a coffee mug by the microwave oven. Serve with whole-grain toast for a complete meal. How simple is that? Portable too!
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) olive oil
- 2 oz (60 g) cooked chicken, diced
- 1 egg, medium
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chives, fresh, sliced
- Coat the inside of a mug with olive oil or non-stick vegetable spray.
- Add diced cooked chicken.
- Beat egg in
bowlwith fork. Pour into mug.
- Top with grated cheese and microwave for 1½ minutes on HIGH power or until egg puffs up and cooks through but is not dry. Timing will vary with different microwaves.
- Top with your favourite salsa and some fresh minced chives and serve.
Use any fresh herb you have on hand like marjoram, oregano or thyme. Sub your favourite cheese for the cheddar.