Chicken Fried Rice
Chicken, rice, soy sauce and shredded egg stir fried together. This is a very simple recipe. It is easy, but tasty!
Author: Adapted from Lisa Tourville - allrecipes Canada
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked white rice, cold
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked, chopped chicken meat
- In a small bowl, beat egg with water.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium low heat. Add egg and leave flat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
- Heat oil in same skillet; add onion and saute until soft. Then add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken. Stir fry together for about 5 minutes, then stir in egg.
Never use rice that you have just cooked.