Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken Pot Pie is the ultimate in comfort food. Easy to pack with vegetables, its creamy sauce brings out the best of all the flavours.
Author: Submitted by Edna Beischlag of Beischlag Farms, Ontario
- 1 square chicken bouillon
- 1 onion, medium, chopped
- 1 potato, small, diced
- 1 carrot, small, finely-chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) celery, diced
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) poultry seasoning
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) sage, dried
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups (500 ml) leftover chicken gravy
- 2 to 3 cups (500 ml) chicken, cooked, diced
- ½ cup (125 ml) frozen peas, (optional garnish)
- 2 pie shells, frozen
- Prepare chicken broth using chicken bouillon cube as directed on package.
- Add onion, potato, carrot, celery, poultry seasoning and sage to chicken broth. Simmer until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add gravy or soup and chicken pieces. About ½ cup frozen peas can be added now if you wish.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and top with another crust. Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) for about 30 minutes.mall pies.
Puff pastry can be used for the top also. This recipe freezes well can also be made into small pies.