Chicken Tartlets with Cranberry Salsa
These small-bite tartlets are a stunning appetizer at any party! Slightly spicy cranberry salsa tastes unbelievable paired with the chicken mixture in these bites.
Author: Chicken Farmers of Nova Scotia
Serves: 24 Tartlets
- 24 frozen unsweetened mini tart shells
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- ¼ cup (60 ml) onion(s), minced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) thyme, dried
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) light sour cream
- ½ cup (125 ml) cranberries, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup (70 ml) sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cilantro, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ginger, fresh, minced
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- In a skillet combine ground chicken, onion, thyme and salt. Stir-fry until the ground chicken is no longer pink. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Mix egg and sour cream. Stir into meat mixture.
- Fill tart shells and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm topped with Cranberry Salsa.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse on/off until the mixture is chopped (not pureed).
- Cover and chill for at least two hours to allow the flavours to blend.
- Cranberry Salsa will keep in the fridge for about a week.
Serving size: 50 g Calories: 120 Fat: 7 g Carbohydrates: 9 g Sugar: 3 g Sodium: 150 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 20 mg