Choo Chee Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
This Choo Chee Chicken recipe is super quick, packed with flavour and ready in 15 minutes. Thai red curry based, creamy coconut sauce, fragrant kaffir lime and crispy chicken – that’s Choo Chee Chicken curry.
Author: Replublished from Wandercooks
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into thin flat slices
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 1½ tbsp thai red curry paste (homemade or pre-made)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp grated palm sugar
- 8 to 10 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (or 1 to 2 tbsp dried kaffir lime leaves)
- ¼ capsicum, finely sliced (to garnish)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, for cooking
- cooked white/jasmine rice (to serve)
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a large fry pan. Quickly fry the chicken in batches it transforms into a deliciously crispy golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pop the red curry paste in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir. Continue to heat gently until fragrant. Pour in the coconut cream and most of the chopped kaffir lime leaves (keep the rest for a gorgeous garnish).
- After the sauce has heated through, reduce the heat to low and stir in the fish sauce and grated palm sugar. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Now plate everything up by popping a scoop of cooked rice into your serving bowl and layer with cooked chicken.
- Pour over with plenty of curry sauce then garnish with extra chopped kaffir lime leaves and finely sliced capsicum.
- Best eaten with a spoon and a fork!