Easy Herb Baked Chicken
This flavourful chicken is oh-so-easy and perfect for a weeknight meal. Keeping the seasoned flour on hand ahead of time makes it even faster to make. Served with rice and steamed vegetables or roasted potatoes, it is a mouthwatering go-to recipe.
Author: Developed for CFC by Nancy Guppy, RD, MHSc
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup (125 ml) whole wheat flour
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cornmeal (polenta)
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) thyme, dried
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano, dried
- 1 tsp (5 ml) tarragon, dried
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Put flour, cornmeal and spices into a resealable plastic bag. Close bag and shake ingredients to mix.
- Spray a large shallow baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Add chicken pieces to bag and shake to coat.
- Place coated chicken on the baking dish and bake until nicely browned and the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
Serving size: 120g Calories: 180 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 0 Sodium: 240mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 23g Cholesterol: 90mg