Mini Walnut, Spinach and Chicken Quiches
These delicate quiches are extraordinarily versatile. Equally at home as an appetizer, light lunch to accompany soup, or a brunch dish served with fizzy Mimosas, this is a recipe well worth adding to your repertoire.
Author: Developed for CFC by Nancy Guppy, RD, MHSc
- ½ cup (125 ml) chicken, cooked, chopped
- 12 tart shells, frozen, ready to bake
- ½ cup (125 ml) swiss Emmental cheese
- 2 egg(s), medium
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) goat cheese, soft, 21% MF
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) 1% milk
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 ml) nutmeg, ground
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 ml) white pepper, ground
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) green onion(s),
- 12 walnuts, halved
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) basil, dried
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place shells on a lined baking tray.
- Grate Emmental Swiss cheese.
- Combine eggs, goat and Romano cheeses, milk, nutmeg, white pepper and basil in blender or food processor.
- Divide the chicken and grated cheese evenly among tarts followed by a spinach leaf, green onion and a walnut half. Spoon egg mixture over the filling to cover. Stop before you reach the lip of the crust so they don’t boil over during baking.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until tops
Serving size: 50 g Calories: 170 Fat: 12 g Saturated fat: 4 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 150 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 7 g Cholesterol: 40 mg