Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
You can call this soup or <g class="gr_ gr_40 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="40" data-gr-id="40">chili</g>, but either <g class="gr_ gr_38 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="38" data-gr-id="38">way</g> it is wonderful! This recipe is also very adaptable to your personal taste. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if you like. I hope you enjoy!
Author: Photo and Recipe by RaisinKane
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid oz) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion,
chilibeans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.