Southern Fried Wings with Chipotle Aioli and Honey Drizzle
Southern fried wings with Chipotle Aioli and Honey Drizzle, some of the most indulgently delicious wings you'll ever try. This is great homecoming that meets a touch of gourmet in some pretty irresistible wings!
Author: Reposted from Barry C. Parsons - RockRecipes.com
For the Wings
- 3 lb chicken wings
- honey for drizzling
- canola oil for frying
For the Chipotle Aioli:
- 1 cup plain mayo
- 1 head roasted garlic
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 to 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt and pepper to season
For the flour and spice dredge:
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1 tbsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp salt
To Prepare the Chipotle Aioli:
- Remove the roasted garlic cloves from the skins and mash them into a smooth paste with a fork.
- Add the garlic to the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine thoroughly.
To Prepare the Wings:
- Fill deep fryer with canola oil and preheat to 350°F.
- Wash, trim excess skin and fat and cut the wings into pieces, discarding the tips.
- Mix together all of the ingredients in the flour dredge.
- Dredge the wings in the flour mixture, pressing it on well to get good contact.
- Drop the wings into the preheated fryer.
- Fry for about 8 to 10 minutes or little longer for larger wings, until a medium golden brown.
- Drain on a wire rack placed on a cookie sheet. Hold in a 175°F oven if making more than one batch.
- Drizzle the platter of wings with honey and serve with the aioli for dipping.