Spiced Chicken & Apple Omelette
Try this easy and economical omelette that pairs crisp, juicy apples with warm cinnamon, Canadian cheddar and leftover roast chicken.
Author: Developed for CFC by Nancy Guppy, RD, MHSc
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter + 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 1 apple, medium, skin on
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) cinnamon, ground
- 2 tsp (10 ml) brown sugar
- 4 eggs, medium
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) 2% milk
- ½ cup (125 ml) cooked chicken, without skin, diced
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Core apple. Finely slice with skin on. Grate cheese and set aside.
- Melt 1 tsp (5 ml) butter over medium-high heat in skillet. Add apple slices to pan and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. They needn't be turned over. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Beat eggs with the milk in a medium bowl.
- Melt another teaspoon of butter in the skillet. Pour in the egg mixture. As eggs cook and set, lift edges and allow the uncooked egg to run underneath. Sprinkle half of the omelette with cooked diced chicken and grated cheese. When the eggs are cooked through and cheese is melted, remove from the heat. Fold omelette in half and serve.
Serving size: 110 g Calories: 340 Fat: 9 g Saturated fat: 20 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Sugar: 13 g Sodium: 2600 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 25 g Cholesterol: 385 mg