Spicy Rubbed Chicken
Save money by making your own spice rub at home. It's inexpensive and doesn't contain all of the additives that you would find in a store bought package.
Author: Theresa Albert
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) paprika
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) cayenne (optional)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Five Spice Powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) curry powder
- 4 chicken legs, cut in pieces
- In a large zipperlock freezer bag add paprika, cayenne, five spice powder, garlic powder, brown sugar and curry powder. Mix well.
- Add chicken legs and toss. This mixture freezes well at this stage for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, thaw in fridge and empty into a large casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
The spice mixture can be doubled and stored for future use, saving even more time and effort!