Sticky Chicken with Peach Glaze and Grilled Peaches
Sticky and sweet with a bit of spice this Sticky Chicken with Peach Glaze and Grilled Peaches is easy to make and beyond finger licking good!
Author: Adapted from Kathy at Lemon Blossoms
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 2 cloves of garlic minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 4 chicken breast, split (you can use 8 chicken thighs instead)
- 4 ripe peaches pitted and cut in half
- Preheat the grill to medium hot.
- For the glaze, in a medium bowl, combine the peach preserves, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper and mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the glaze.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken skin side down and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Turn the chicken over and brush some glaze on top. Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the chicken, brush with the glaze and cook for a few minutes. Remove the chicken from the grill and place it in an oven safe dish. Generously brush more glaze onto the chicken. Place in the oven and cook for about 30 to 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place the peach halves on the grill cut side down, grill for 2 minutes. Turn and brush with the reserved glaze. Grill until the peaches are soft (about 3 more minutes).
- Transfer to a platter and serve.