Sticky Lemon Chicken
Use this chicken to create fun tea sandwiches for your family by spreading a light mayonnaise over slices of sourdough bread and add any other favourite fixing.
Author: Chef Steve Brochew - Chartier Beaumont
- 2 chicken legs
- 4 green onions, rough chop
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh peeled ginger
- 1 lemon (cut in half)
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce, such as Tamari
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken legs and sear both sides in an well-oiled frying pan.
- Once golden brown, remove chicken from frying pan and set aside.
- Reduce temperature in the frying pan and add both lemon halves cut-side down and heat through.
- Add green onion, garlic, ginger. Continue until you see the lemon turn brown around edges.
- Add soy sauce and sugar. With your tongs squeeze juice from the lemons, discard lemons, and stir well.
- Add chicken legs back into pan and stir all ingredients together being sure to coat the chicken legs.
- Bake chicken legs in the sauce for 30 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and pull the chicken meat away from its bone.
- Use this chicken to create fun tea sandwiches for your family by spreading a light mayonnaise over slices of sourdough bread and add any other favourite fixing.