Baked Buffalo Wings
These Baked Buffalo Wings are crisp, double-dipped, and so delicious! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and just as good as fried ones.
Author: Reposted from Jessica DeMay (Jay's Baking Me Crazy)
- 2½ pounds chicken wings
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup ghee
- ½ cup Frank's Original Red Hot
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a sheet tray with foil. Place a wire rack on top of the cookie sheet.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and pat dry with paper towel. This will ensure crispy wings.
- Add the oil, salt, and garlic powder and toss until evenly coated.
- Place the wings on the wire rack, skin side up.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- During the last 10 minutes of baking make the sauce.
- In a
sauce pan, mix the ghee and red hotuntil combined. I like to use a whisk for this to help it mix.
- Once wings are done, coat them in the sauce and place back on the wire rack. Tongs work best for this.
- Bake for 5 more minutes and repeat that process one more time.
- Serve with ranch, celery, and carrots if desired.