BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza with Malbec BBQ
BBQ Chicken Naan Pizza with Malbec BBQ Sauce. Soft, pillowy naan crust topped with creamy ranch dressing, tender shredded chicken, sweet and spicy BBQ sauce and gooey cheese
Author: Reposted from This Gal Cooks
For the Malbec BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Malbec
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chipotle hot sauce
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp liquid smoke (optional - I did not use this but if you want to add
smokey flavorto your sauce, add some liquid smoke).
For the Naan Pizzas
- 2 pieces of Naan (9 oz package)
- 1½ cup cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from my grocery store)
- 3 tbsp Malbec BBQ sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp ranch dressing, divided
- 1 cup shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp sliced green onion
- Place all of the sauce ingredients in a large
sauce panand mix well. Bring to a boil. Stir and reduce heat to a simmer and simmer for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- After simmering, puree with an immersion blender. I did this to blend the onions into the sauce.
For the Pizzas
- Mix the shredded chicken with 3 tbsp of Malbec BBQ sauce.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the naan on the baking sheet. Spread the ranch dressing over each piece of naan. Divide the shredded chicken and then sprinkle over each piece of naan (¾ cup each). Top each of the pizzas with the shredded cheese (½ cup each).
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. After baking, turn on the broiler and broil until the cheese is slightly browned.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and drizzle with the Malbec BBQ sauce. Sprinkle the pizzas with the sliced green onion. Cut each pizza into four wedges.