Your favorite barbecue sauce is the key to a perfectly moist and juicy meat loaf.
Author: Alberta Chicken Producers
Recipe type: Main Dishes
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 lb. (1 kg) ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (250 ml) bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) barbecue sauce (for topping)
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook onions and garlic for 15 minutes or until soft and tender, but not brown.
- Let stand and cool.
- Place chicken in a large bowl; add egg, salt, cumin, parsley, bread crumbs, onion and garlic.
- Mix together.
- Place chicken mixture in a 2-litre loaf pan lightly oiled or lined with parchment paper.
- Cover with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F/180 C oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover and allow the top to brown nicely by baking for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes to allow juices to soak back into the loaf.
- Prepare a light gravy with the pan drippings.
Nut & Peanut Free
Calories: 301 Fat: 14.6 g Saturated fat: 3.5 g Carbohydrates: 16.7 g Sugar: 4.1 g Sodium: 626 mg Fiber: 1.5 g Protein: 24.4 g