Grilled Chicken BLT Salad with Peppercorn Ranch
This grilled chicken BLT salad includes all your favorites – crispy bacon, perfectly seasoned grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, and avocado!
Author: Adapted from Paleo Running Mama
Serves: 4 to 6
For the Peppercorn Ranch
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup coconut milk, blended (water and cream)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 drops hot sauce (about ⅛ tsp) adjust to taste
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground tricolor peppercorns
For the Grilled Chicken BLT Salad:
- 1 to 1½ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to even thickness
- 1 medium avocado
- 8 slices bacon (sugar-free for Whole30*), cooked until crisp, drained, and crumbled
- reserved bacon fat to brush chicken and grill
- sea salt, ground peppercorn and onion powder to sprinkle on chicken
- 5 oz container salad greens, or the equivalent of your favorite greens
- 1 small container cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- peppercorn ranch dressing (as much as desired)
- Make dressing first by blending all dressing ingredients either using an immersion blender or in a standard blender, set aside or chill until ready to use.
- Now, cook the bacon first and set aside, reserving bacon fat to brush on the grill (or cast iron skillet) and chicken.
- Generously brush the chicken and grill with bacon fat and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and onion powder. Grill on both sides, flipping once, until just done, then remove to a plate and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- To assemble the salad, begin with the greens and add the cherry tomatoes, cooked crumbled bacon, then cut open the avocado and slice it thinly; arrange on the salad as desired.
- Slice the chicken breast thin and arrange on salad. Once ready to serve, drizzle on ranch dressing (you’ll have extra) and gently toss/mix to coat. Enjoy!
Store extra dressing in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.