Pear, Chili and Chicken Stir-Fry
This spicy stir-fry is so simple and quick to make. With few ingredients and a quick cooking method, it is a perfect meal for busy weeknights.
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp sambal
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp canola (or peanut) oil
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium firm ripe pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- Combine the water, soy sauce, cornstarch, sambal
oelekand pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat.
- Add the oil, chicken and garlic and stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, pears and green onions and stir fry for about 3 minutes or until the pears are hot and softened.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed brown or jasmine rice.