"Bite-sized pieces of chicken that are sure to be a family favorite. I love to serve it with homemade mashed potatoes and green beans."
Author: Megan - AllRecipes Canada
Serves: 6 Servings
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- oil for frying
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- Add all ingredients to list
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Beat eggs and lemon juice together in a separate bowl.
- Heat 1½ to 2 inches of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and again into the flour mixture.
- Test the oil to make sure it is hot enough: a small amount of flour dropped in should sizzle. Place 10 pieces of chicken into the hot oil; cook until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate and season with salt. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Calories: 451 Fat: 18.4g Carbohydrates: 49g Sodium: 248mg Protein: 21g Cholesterol: 96mg