Spicy Chicken Harissa Pizza
This pizza gets a bold smoky flavour from a unique North African spice paste called Harissa. This sauce lends itself perfectly to this pizza’s delightful combination of crust and melted mozzarella cheese. If you like milder flavours, then make sure to use half the amount of cayenne pepper.
Author: Developed for CFC by Amanda Garbutt
- 1 pizza crust, 14 inch
- 1 chicken breast, cooked, thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 cups (500 ml) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) baby spinach, washed and dried (packed)
- 1 roasted red pepper(s), sliced
- 10 tbsp (150 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cayenne pepper or 1 tsp (5 mL) cayenne pepper, for milder flavour
- 7 tbsp (105 ml) cumin
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- Preheat the oven according to packaged pizza crust directions.
- Assemble the pizza by spreading Harissa on the pizza and leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle the Harissa with the shredded cheese.
- Divide the chicken, spinach and roasted red pepper slices evenly over the cheese.
- Cook the pizza according to the directions until the cheese is bubbly and completely melted, about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pizza from the oven, cut into 8-10 slices and serve immediately.
- Prepare the Harissa by combining the tomato paste, cayenne pepper, cumin, lime juice, olive oil and salt in a bowl.
- Set aside for at least 15 minutes and up to 2 days before using.
Serving size: 280 g Calories: 600 Fat: 24 g Saturated fat: 8 g Carbohydrates: 62 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 1120 mg Fiber: 8 g Protein: 37 g Cholesterol: 55 mg