Tequila Chicken with Pineapple
A healthy and <g class="gr_ gr_44 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="44" data-gr-id="44">low fat</g> meal inspired by the flavours of Mexico. Juicy chicken breasts are submerged in a brine of tequila and citrus for 24-hours before being grilled to tender perfection.
Author: Developed for CFC by Amanda Riva
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup (250 ml) tequila
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 cups (500 ml) chopped pineapple
- ⅔ cup (170 ml) chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped cilantro
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- In a large sealable freezer bag place the chicken, tequila, orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice and garlic. Seal and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat BBQ to medium-high heat. Brush grill lightly with 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the olive oil. Grill chicken for 12 minutes a side until fully cooked or until a meat thermometer inserted in each piece reads 165°F (74°C).
- Meanwhile, assemble salsa by stirring together pineapple, red onion, cilantro, cayenne pepper and ¼ teaspoon (0.25 ml) salt. Drizzle in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil, toss to combine.
- Remove cooked chicken from the grill and tent with foil for 10 minutes. Serve chicken with pineapple salsa.
Calories: 195 Fat: 4.9 g Carbohydrates: 10.3 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 212.8 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 26.3 g Cholesterol: 64 mg