Tuscan Chicken Pizza
You don't have to travel to Tuscany to enjoy this delicious pizza, but the combination of thyme, honey and prosciutto will have you feeling like you're there.
Author: Courtesy of Poulet du Québec
- 1 cup (250 mL) Italian-style tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 10 strips cooked chicken, size of your little finger
- 10 slices prosciutto
- 2 cups (500 mL) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 pizza crust
- 8-10 leaves arugula (rocket), stems removed and washed
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- In a small frying pan, cook the tomatoes, onion, thyme and honey over medium-high heat for 7 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Set aside.
- Wrap prosciutto slices around the chicken strips.
- Place prosciutto-wrapped chicken strips on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread a generous amount of the tomato sauce on the pizza crust and add shredded mozzarella. Place prosciutto-wrapped chicken strips in a sunburst pattern on the cheese.
- Bake in
ovenfor about 10 minutes or until crust is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven. Add arugula between the chicken strips and serve immediately with a spinach and blackberry salad with balsamic glaze.
Serving size: 275g Calories: 530 Fat: 15g Saturated fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 57g Sugar: 9g Sodium: 1160mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 39g Cholesterol: 70mg